A few changes and a new beginning

Villa Borghese in Rome, photograph made by me 2009
As you can see, Impressions Notebook looks a bit different. I changed a few things, like the colour of the letters and the links. I needed to make it a little bit less 'pink'.
The background and the photo behind the title still look amazing, and I did not change anything there, and I do not think I will in future.

There will also be another change, a new beginning. For more than a year I had another English blog, A corner of the library, completely dedicated to books and bookish things. I love all my blogs but in the past months I also thought about what I want and how I want it.
The first year I went a little bit overboard with challenges and memes and events on that blog, but a couple of months ago I decided that these took me away from my reading. I have only posted bookreviews since (and a couple of bookish posts).
The problem however is that I also read books that have no English translation. They will appear on my Dutch blog, but of course not on my English blog. I felt I had to come up with things and invent things to fill my blog.

On the other hand I also sometimes had the problem I wanted to post a bookreview here, but could not do so (in my mind) because this was not a blog for books. It also began to feel like a problem to fill this blog.

And finally I felt managing three blogs became a bit too much. So last night (yes, I know, I should be sleeping at night) I finally made the decision to merge my two English blogs into one. I have closed A corner of the library and from now on bookreviews will appear here, as well as the other kinds of posts I already publish here.

I rather have one blog that is filled regularly with books and other posts, than two blogs with only one or two posts a week each.

My posting schedule will be something like this, although it may vary: On Sunday a quote, A bookreview on Monday and/or Thursday and on Tuesday orWednesday and Friday or Saturday a general post.

I think I will be happy, merging my bookblog into this blog.
Here is to new beginnings!

Comments

  1. Here's to both your blogs! I enjoy your reviews and your art and quotes and am glad you'll be continuing both here. Good luck! And happy blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Lark. It was something I was thinking about for quite a while and it feels very good to finally make the decision.

      Kind regards,

      Delete

Post a Comment