Kazimir Malecvich

One of the artists I really like is Kazimir Malevich. I love his lines and his colours, and I also love how he painted figuratively and very abstract. For example when you look as these two paintings, you would never guess they were made by the same artist.

In the first paiting I really like the lines and the colours, but also how the landscape and the sky are painted. It is not a static picture, it is alive, despite the fact you see no living beings.

Not many portraits are done so well as this one. I am amazed by the expression in the eyes, you immediately feel sympathy for this man and you know he has a history.
Portrait of a worker 1932

Comments

  1. Thanks for introducing me to this incredible artist! I especially love the landscape; I'll have to look for more of his work. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you look here: http://bettinasimpressions.blogspot.nl/2013/10/the-malevich-exhibition-in-amsterdam.html
      you see the post I wrote when I went to the Malevich exhibition in Amsterdam in Oktober 2013. That was also amazing. I love how divers his work is,

      Kind regards,

      Delete

Post a Comment