An impression of Texel

A few weeks ago I was on Texel, on of the Dutch Wadden Islands.There are five islands in the Waddensea, and Texel is the one on the left. It has been ages ago since I was on Texel (actually 30 years) and it was nice to be back, even if it was for just one day.

Texel and the other islands (Vlieland, Terschelling, Ameland and Schiermonnikoog) are very popular with the tourists and during the Summer the population more than doubles. But when we were here, it was still reasonably quiet. You can bring your car on the ferry (it is only a 20 minute trip) or you can rent a bicycle on the island.

Texel has a beautiful landscape, dunes and sand lovely little towns.
Here are a few impressions of the island.





Comments

  1. I can see why they're so popular with summer visitors. I'd love to spend a summer in a place like this! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really good to be there again, I liked it very much. Unfortunately we were with students, so I did not have all the time in the world to explore things. But who knows I might get back there again soon.

      Kind regards,

      Delete
  2. Oh, I love Texel! I've been there two or three times, and I have happy memories of the island :-) I should go again some time... thanks for reminding me *lol*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, I also enjoyed being there again since I was a child!

      Kind regards,

      Delete

Post a Comment