Winter

These past few days it has been Winter in The Netherlands. On Sunday, the first snow fell, and that already caused some problems, but the real trouble began on Monday.

Many schools skipped classes, my school also closed at 12.30pm, so students and teachers had a chance of getting home safely. I was very happy with that, since I had classes until 16.10 pm and was actually wondering if I would make it home that evening.

Somehow when it begins to snow, the trains and busses do not function properly anymore and the whole country comes to a standstill.

Today not much new snow is expected (I hope so, since we have parent-teachers night tonight and I do want to get home!), and on Wednesday we probably only have a few patches of snow left.
But yesterday, my balcony looked like this.
And later that evening

Comments

  1. Snow is best appreciated from the comfort and warmth of your own home! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, if you can stay home and have nowhere to go to, snow can be very beautiful. Only if you still have to make it home it can be a problem! But most of it is already gone, it is mostly raining today,

      Kind regards,

      Delete

Post a Comment